Tuesday, April 16, 2013

ups and downs - around the table

I'm going to keep it real, it was NOISY, NOISY - NOISY! - 60 women talking all at once can do that. At times it was overwhelming, it was fun and it was tiring. I missed my kids, I knew I would. At times I felt a bit out of place (I knew I would too) but it was EXCITING and quite amazing too.


There were people who were JUST as I imagined them to be, others surprised me (in good ways)


Some were MUCH sweeter than I imagined, like this little guy, who belongs to this lovely mama.


There were people I just didn't get to meet, others I really wanted to chat to, but they always seemed to be already busy chatting to someone else - like this lovely lady, next time I'll just jump in Deb!


These two were just how I imagined them to be, although Miriam, you were a bit more "Miriam" than I imagined- in the best possible way!


Christchurch I wish I had more time with you! I didn't even get to one op shop for starters! I've got another couple of posts about last weekend, like some of the great people I met and some of the things that I came home with me. 

13 comments :

  1. It was so lovely to meet you, and I love your post ... I agree, it was noisy and I had very similar thoughts to what you've shared.
    I too felt I didn't get enough time with some people (YOU!) and I think I do better in a small group... BUT it was amazing. I hope we can catch up again one day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! Great photos, and a totally relatable post. I really loved spending time with you, you're such a gem!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whaaa - I wish you had said - I would have organised some op shopping for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish we had chatted more, even so, it was lovely to meet you and to put a smiling face and a voice to the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Next time im going to insist on a fri arvo start for the op-shopping bloggers to get some action officially! I'd agree, it was hard to realte to so many people at once, but the spirit of the group was wonderful. Thank you so much for my beautiful badge and gift louana, it was such a pleasure to meet you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Louana I can so totally relate NOISE NOISE NOISE people people people and feeling oh so out of place ;'(
    It was so lovely the time we got on Friday night and again on Sunday afternoon -
    I have a plan brewing for op shopping - :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved meeting you Louana! Agree with your thoughts on the weekend :). Looking forward to catching up in Auckland x

    ReplyDelete
  8. it was such a pleasure to meet you and I meant to point out to you on Friday night some of the fabrics I got from you decoupaged onto one of the chairs! :o) Sorry if I contributed to too much noise... xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh and I meant to say how much I loved those photos you took of Stella and I - I might steal them if that is okay??

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heehee, I agree with everything (minus the need to opshop ;))

    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well said! I do agree in so many ways! I feel like I only got a chance to meet a smidgen of the group, but it was just so wonderful to have you all here!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree it was loud loud loud!! Great though meeting you if only for a short time. I also wish I had been able to talk to more of the ladies there...hopefully next time :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Like others, I agree, it was very loud! But I guess it's kinda what you expect from a huge group of females! Overly excited females!

    I'm in the same boat with feeling like you didn't get a chance to talk to everyone, so hard with so many people :( But I'm glad you had a good weekend none the less and I hope you didn't feel out of place too often :)!

    Come back to CHCH soon and hit up all the op shops, we have millions of them! Ok, more like 50 :P

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, it makes my day! - I try and reply by email, so it's great if your email is connected to your account.