Wednesday, April 17, 2013

the one where I tell you how AWESOME CHCH bloggers are!


It's easy to turn up to an event like Around the table and not give all the behind the scenes much thought. It was so well run that you could be forgiven if you thought maybe little fairies were running around making everything run so smoothly. I mean, you arrive at the airport and "ta da!" there is a smiley face there to pick you up, thanks Treena! 


A lovely family home is there to welcome you, with a lovely bed and a lovely host too. Thank you again Nin for welcoming me into your home! 

the week yarn bomb organised by Leonie

You arrive at a conference and there is a jam packed goody bag, morning tea and great workshops to welcome you - all those things don't just happen without hard work and lots of juggling of spreadsheets. There are people getting ferried about in many different vehicles off to different venues all without any body being left behind (to my knowledge). All amazing. There was a great walking "tour" of some of the earthquake damage (yes I do believe it was a "tour" Miriam!) It must have been as we started to get extra people join us along the way, a couple of ladies were listening intently to the words of our tour guides as they shared their personal experiences and knowledge. Then at the end of it all there was someone to take me back to the airport too! Thanks Sophie!

I was blown away by how generous the hosts of this event, and the people of Christchurch were. I know that there was lots and lots of behind the scenes work to make it all happen and for that I thank you! Christchurch bloggers you are AWESOME! You opened your hearts and homes and your city to us out of towners and gave up your time to make the weekend such an amazing event - THANK YOU! 

11 comments :

  1. Perfectly perfectly perfectly summed up
    Thank you Christchurch xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that makes me really tearful!!! It was such a pleasure. I so wanted each person to feel noticed and valuable and special... because each of you are xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel exactly the same way - what a lovely experience it was. L x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agreed! What a great team and experience x

    ReplyDelete
  5. i so agree. it came together so well, it was so good. only a whole lot of hard work achieves that x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had a great weekend Louana, so glad it went well for you and hope you can get to check out the Op Shops next time!!!! Julie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, you are very welcome! It was so much fun to organise- honest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you 'out of towners' for taking time out of your lives to come and visit us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It blows me away that you chose to be humble and gracious. Truly, you're one of a kind.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well said, it was such a great event with such amazing ladies organising it! Love the photos of the hearts, I did get the email but stopped reading after I was told to stop :P The non-chch folk were so lovely to do such a lovely thing! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, it makes my day! - I try and reply by email, so it's great if your email is connected to your account.