Tuesday, July 20, 2010

a bit of silver

On the weekend a group of friends and I made our way out to Port Waikato to take part in a Art Clay Silver workshop. We had such a great time, we went along with no major preconceptions at what we would come away with but were all so pleased with what we produced. Above are the some images of what I made. A silver leaf made by layering silver Art Clay paste over a leaf from the garden and few little charms from the Art Clay. It was so much fun and I can't say enough good things about our instructor Chris who is so passionate about Art Clay and had so many helpful suggestions. One of the best parts of the workshop was having a delicious lunch prepared and served for us, including some smoked fish that her husband had caught! We were so spoilt. Chris has a little studio and she sells her beautiful jewellery from there too so if you are ever heading out to the port stop by to have a look, her contact details are on the bottom photo. We are already planning another trip out there to try out some more ideas, although I think I'd be content just making more leaves.

4 comments :

  1. wow, i live right by there when we are in new zealand and never knew that art studio was there! thanks for the heads up, next time we're home i'm going to an art class! your creations are beautiful by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is amazing... gorgeous jewellery! I found your blog just recently and enjoy reading your posts! I meant to enter your giveaway and introduce myself to you then, but time ran away on me with a new baby and all :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your jewellery looks fab. Love that leaf. Sounds like a great course.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've always wanted to try silver clay- if i'm ever up there i will hunt the classes out!
    i love your new leaf necklace- it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, it makes my day! - I try and reply by email, so it's great if your email is connected to your account.