Monday, March 8, 2010

smashed

We removed a large palm from our section last year, as we dug up the stump I discovered all sorts of buried "treasure", I wrote a little about it here. I wanted to make something with all the little bits of broken ceramics that I found, there was enough (almost) to make a paver. All the ceramics are from the garden except for the blue outlining the flower which was a chipped thrifted plate. I only found small bits and pieces from much larger items, which made me wonder where the rest of them are? Maybe waiting to be excavated. I'm really pleased I have returned all the ceramic pieces back to the garden, but in a much nicer form, a sort of a time capsule.

1 comment :

Thank you so much for your comments, it makes my day! - I try and reply by email, so it's great if your email is connected to your account.