Tuesday, June 11, 2013

black and white


Our op shopping adventures over our weekend away were a bit disappointing. Before we came across any op shops, we found lots of antique and vintage type secondhand stores, a very real sign that the local op shops (or thrift stores) would be well picked over by the local owners of those shops. I wasn't wrong, there were very slim pickings! We came home with just a few small treasures, a Crown Lynn colour glaze butter dish, a Pyrex mug with a design I'm sure I've seen somewhere before, but I can't put my finger on it? I also picked up this cushion in excellent/as new condition for $2! The label from the shop suggested it had marks on it? I couldn't spot any and after a quick run through the washing machine, it now sits happily on my bed.

Check out what other keen op shoppers have found over at Blackbird has Spoken

9 comments :

  1. Good spotting among the slim pickings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just goes to show, with a keen eye good stuff can be found in the most unpromising places!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Crown Lynn and retro pyrex..........gone are days when an expensive designer bag used to set my heart a flutter! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did well! Cushion looks like one of those really expensive trendy ones and I love the cup.
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    Crown Lynn used that design (Mogambo), and Val Monk thinks that the Pyrex mug came later.
    http://valputaruru.blogspot.co.nz/2013/01/summer-treasures.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's the kinda cup that holds a long black or gumboot, no chai lattes, green tea or cappuccinos in that cuppa.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pyrex mug. haven't found any of those in a long while.
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, it makes my day! - I try and reply by email, so it's great if your email is connected to your account.