Monday, September 28, 2009

wigwam revisited

The first day of the holidays has bought rain, rain and more rain. So I got out the wigwam that I made for Miss E's first birthday (She's now 3 and a half), it's made from vintage sheeting and felt. It's had lots of use over the past few years and it lived in our small lounge for a very long time, I was so surprised how much bigger our lounge seemed once it was put away. Kids love to hide away and when there is no chance to get outside it's like another world to hide away in. It's big enough for quite a few little ones and a mum or dad too.

6 comments :

  1. It's just beautiful! I would want to leave it up in my lounge all the time. You are a very talented lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is amazing! What a gorgeous creation. What a great way to spend a rainy day

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, wow.
    i've always wanted to make one of those for my kids- you're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! I would totally hide in this, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so great...my list of future projects keeps growing and growing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is super cool! We have a table tent which gets a bit of use as a hideout. It's basically a couple of sheets sewn to fit our table (with some mesh windows) sewn by Nana. But the wigwam is gorgeous.

    http://growingkiwis.blogspot.com/2008/12/twas-day-before-christmas.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, it makes my day! - I try and reply by email, so it's great if your email is connected to your account.