Thursday, September 3, 2009

for little feet


After a quick flick through Handmade Home from Soulemama I knew this would be the first project I would make. I had everything on hand, some old towels, a bit faded but still with a lot of life left in them and some vintage sheeting in colours that matched the towels. I love how this bath mat is really light, it will make it much easier to dry than the thick ones that I have been using, they need a really strong breeze on a really sunny day before they will dry out. This one will dry in a snap. Purple is a favourite colour of miss E so it's perfect to dry her little feet on after a bath. I cut up two towels to make it and there is enough left over to make another matching one.

2 comments :

  1. so cool, louana! love that purple. and anything that makes bathtime more fun is a winner. :)
    i can't wait for my copy of this book to arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! haven't read the book yet, just finishing 'the creative family'. (i'm from vintage swap).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, it makes my day! - I try and reply by email, so it's great if your email is connected to your account.