Monday, January 19, 2015

Things I made (2/52)


The countdown is on till the end of the school holidays and that spells the end of my Summer holidays too. Our days are filled with trips to the school pool, trying to escape the midday heat and not much else, it's a lazy sort of existence. Perfect really, it also means my "makes" at the moment are easy too.

I was gifted a fabulous piece of fabric at Christmas from my sister in law (lucky right? Someone who gifts fabric?) It's not the sort of thing I'd probably choose for myself, but I love it! It's from Ikea, which unfortunately is still not building a store on our fine shores anytime soon. The design is printed on cotton canvas and each project I thought I could use it for required cutting it up, not something I was keen on as it would loose too much of the overall design.



So from the pictures you can see what I finally decided on, a tablecloth! I simply hemmed the edges, leaving two edges long in case we finally get a table that sits more than four. 

Quick and easy and I love the bright bold colours (yes even the pink!), something I'd normally shy away from, slipping a plain tablecloth on instead. 



Sometimes it's good to break out of your comfort zone don't you think?

7 comments :

  1. What a gorgeous piece of fabric, your table cloth looks wonderful. I must say .... what a lovely light, bright dining space you have Louana with that beautiful picture window. Love it all ... & you have a pretty special sis-in-law if she gifts you fabric too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that exact fabric covering the couch/bed in my sewing room. Only I didn't hem mine I just draped it over - it's such a great design and yes no a combo of colours I'd normally go for but I love it. Well done x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gifted fabric twice last year and both time the recipients were over the moon. I love what you have done with the fabric( I wouldn't have been able to cut it up either)....now to find a friend in Oz to post me some!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun and happy tablecloth. Also loving your little chest of drawers in the background - so sweet! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous fabric for a tablecloth. There is a shop in Newmarket that is selling IKEA stuff - just a door or two down from Freedom. No fabric though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That piece was screaming out to be a tablecloth!! I love it!! Mind you I love pink too....orange not so much...but like this, it's perfect! I'm all for breaking out of my comfort zone! Infact my recent blog post mentions that too!! Must be something in the air ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. how much do I love this? TOOOO much! it makes me think of ikea which i'm yet to visit! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, it makes my day! - I try and reply by email, so it's great if your email is connected to your account.