Thursday, August 7, 2014

Second Pixie







Dashing out between Winter rain showers I quickly snapped a few pictures of my latest sewing project to make it to the "finished" stage (don't even ask about all the "unfinished" projects! ........Ahem). When I say finished, I didn't quite manage to sew on the buttons before taking the photos, but they are on now, trust me.

It's another Pixie Coat, pattern by Big Little, I seriously love this pattern and making it with felted woollens. This time I teamed a couple of felted jumpers that have been in my stash for quite awhile with a soft thrifted sheet. The colours seemed to work so well together, a perfect match! I added an applique flower on the front adding some embroidered details and also a flower on a long ribbon that attached to the inside of the pocket, something for the little wearer to play with.

My sewing machine is set up on a table in my bedroom, and due to the cold Winter weather I tend to sew only on the weekend during the day, it's just too cold in the evenings. I contemplated dragging my machine downstairs to the warmth of the kitchen table, for about a second - but it all seemed like to much effort, so I hand finished lots of the seams while catching up on some quality TV time *wink*  It reminded me how little I like hand sewing! Roll on Spring and the warmer weather, I'll get lots more sewing done!

5 comments :

  1. Love all the details and all the colours do come together beautifully! Yay for you and awesome patterns! Bring on more sewing time :) Though I do love hand-stitching! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving all those colours together, and that little details on the flowers really make it. Gorgeous! L x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the handsewing on the flower...so great! I love a bit of handsewing too. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful, louana! clever lady : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely way to use upcycled items!! Looks cute and I better very snuggly to wear too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, it makes my day! - I try and reply by email, so it's great if your email is connected to your account.