Wednesday, October 24, 2012

rainbow





The kids and I had lots of fun one afternoon in the recent school holidays. I froze some food colouring in some ice cube trays let them "decorate" some white t-shirts that I had from a local thrift store. They loved watching the colours melt and merge into each other and having a race to see who's ice blocks would melt first. I (somewhat foolishly) thought that if I ironed the colours they would be colour fast - can you see where this is going? Well turns out the answer is no, I was very surprised to find two white t-shirts in the washing machine! Eeek! Miss E took it in her stride, but mr A, very proud of his "rainbow" shirt no so. I've told them that we will have a go a tie-dying them. Of course I'll be using -PROPER dye for that!

5 comments :

  1. they look great - it's a shame they didn't last

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pity, they looked fantastic and I can see why the kids enjoyed the process & result. Sometimes that's what happens when we get "ideas"!! S:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I did laugh but am so sorry for the kids - they did look so wonderful hanging on the line- what a great idea to try anyway & I can imagine how they loved doing it. Good luck with the proper dying. Julie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look amazing! Would this work with actual dye? So cool!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, it makes my day! - I try and reply by email, so it's great if your email is connected to your account.