Wednesday, December 11, 2013

ornamental

I often add to our Christmas decorations at this time of year, avoiding all the chain stores I head the the local op shops or thrift stores. Last year I was so lucky to pick up a number of vintage glass baubles. This year I spotted these wee candle holders, made in Germany. They have a ceramic top and a red wooden base.


I love their Scandinavian style, but once home I realised that we didn't have any candles to fit. After a rummage in the cupboard I found some cake candles, not a perfect fit, but good enough to get the effect.


I think candle light can really set a scene, don't you agree?

Do you add to your decoration collection each year?

2 comments :

  1. They're gorgeous! Love them and they fit so perfectly with the display xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them. And that deer is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, it makes my day! - I try and reply by email, so it's great if your email is connected to your account.