Sunday, December 23, 2012

bah humbug!




It's been a busy week! All the posts I had planned haven't eventuated and I'm not feeling in Christmas spirit just yet. I've wrapped only a handful of presents, spurred on by the fact a dear friend called in to see us and I hadn't wrapped her presents! EEEK! (one of the presents was even for her birthday earlier in the month!). So I'm in a mad rush now to finish everything off and wrap it all. Not how I like to spend the lead up to Christmas - I'm terribly disorganised this year.

We travelled south this afternoon to the Waiuku Christmas display. It's been a few years since we have been and the kids just loved it! It was nice that they are at that age where after being told once "not to touch" - we didn't have to tell them again! I was looking at all the other parents with younger children as they chased them around, trying to keep them (mostly in vain) from touching everything - and I remembered it wasn't so long ago that was me. The display was truly magical and it was hard not to start to get into the spirit of things. So I'm off now to make my last batch of peppermint bark, wrap the last of the presents and finish off a couple of things - and enjoy it too! Hope all your last minute preparations are well under way!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, it makes my day! - I try and reply by email, so it's great if your email is connected to your account.