Thursday, April 26, 2012

mustard



I bought a skein of beautiful merino/silk blend yarn from Jessicah of Spinning a Yarn the other day. The oh so lovely Jess is a member of a fibre group that meets weekly in my town, but she's leaving the group to return to her home town to become a dairy farmer. I don't know what we are going to do without her and her lovely fibre! Jess bought along some of her fibre the other night and I chose a mustard kind of yellow one. It was a strange choice for me as normally I'd never choose such a colour. The very next day I went for a walk  in the Auckland botanical gardens (one of my most favourite places ever!) and it seemed that everywhere I looked I saw those same yellows. I've wound it into a ball and started a little project with it, I'll share the finished product just as soon as I've finished.

1 comment :

  1. i read once that garden centres don't sell many yellow flowers...they think gorse and ragwort are to blame! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, it makes my day! - I try and reply by email, so it's great if your email is connected to your account.