Wednesday, July 8, 2009

juicy





When I saw this top on the petite purls website I really wished that I could knit. But I can't, well I haven't tried very hard to learn, I can however crochet so I thought I could do something similar in crochet. I came up with this top, I made one for miss E out of a cotton bamboo mix for the red and the black for the seeds and the mottled green yarn is 100% cotton. Made for summer it still looks good over a long sleeve top in winter time. With the left over yarn I've made another smaller one to fit a 2-3 year old that I'll list on Felt, it's the one in the middle and bottom photo above. Sewing all the "seeds" took way longer than I anticipated, probably as long as it took to crochet the whole top. But I'm really pleased with it and no longer feel the urge to learn to knit.





No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, it makes my day! - I try and reply by email, so it's great if your email is connected to your account.