Friday, July 17, 2009

for the sweet

The birthday party invites seem to be coming thick and fast around here. I love to make a little something for the birthday girl/boy. I crocheted these little cupcakes out of cotton and a bamboo/cotton blend. The last ones I made I sewed lots of small seed beads over the top for "sprinkles" but these ones I was a bit pushed for time so I crocheted little flowers instead. The drawing case is an idea that I've had for a while. I've seen lots that just fold or roll up, but I wanted one for the child to sling over their shoulder or wear across their body and take where ever. This one has a pocket for a drawing pad with a fold over flap to keep everything in. I've got a few more birthdays to go so I think there will be more of these to follow perhaps with a few modifications, like an adjustable strap.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, it makes my day! - I try and reply by email, so it's great if your email is connected to your account.