Thursday, June 25, 2009

Raspberry frame for $0




I needed a new frame for my raspberry plants and with a budget of $0 I needed a miracle. I had some bamboo that I had used for a bean tepee over summer and some thinner bamboo that had been tomato stakes in a former life. I hammered the bigger bamboo into the soil and then wove the thinner bamboo in between the vertical stakes. It's not the prettiest frame at the moment, but come summer you won't be able to see it for all the raspberries that will cover it. Now I must get making jam with the last of the frozen raspberries from summer, we picked over 2kg of raspberries this year - that's not counting the ones that got eaten by my little helper. I have more plants this year so we are really looking forward to summer and a bounty of berries.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, it makes my day! - I try and reply by email, so it's great if your email is connected to your account.