Friday, March 9, 2012

friday finds

I'm trying hard to stay out of the thrift stores this year, and so far so good. I've only popped in to the local ones on a few occasions. Each time however finding some real gems! Like this tin of embroidery threads, all wound on vintage wooden cotton reels. I'm hoping to try my hand at a little embroidery this weekend. Covering up some stained patches on some old embroidered linens.

Some other gems found several metres of lovely vintage fabric, some unused vintage tea towels, and a curved cane basket perfect for crochet projects on the go. You see all these gems are trying to convince me that I should be visiting the thrift stores more often, my bulging cupboards are telling a different story. My husband suggests I should listen to the cupboards!

Have you had any great finds lately?

3 comments :

  1. wow! lovely threads and spools!!! how exciting to find that :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am exactly like you...I promise myself not to visit charity shops and then when I do pop in I am rewarded with so much goodness I can't help thinking of everything I am missing in between...my cupboards suggest absence is a good thing too. Ho hum...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha ha I love this. I always think finding great sewing treasures are imbued with a bit of magic from the previous maker/s and are bound to make your own projects even better. I'd tell your husband you just need another cupboard! I did.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, it makes my day! - I try and reply by email, so it's great if your email is connected to your account.