Monday, October 15, 2012

kcwc - part 2




I don't know about you, but an hour goes really fast! Especially when it comes to sewing. I was committed to the challenge and did at least an hour each day. But I didn't achieve as much as I'd hoped. No shorts were completed - but after a second look in mr A's drawers I found he actually did have more pairs of shorts than I originally thought.

I completed a couple of special things for him though. The first was a little painting smock. I found at a local thrift store a printed panel that needed to be cut out and sewn up. It was only a dollar and I knew it was something he would like - he hates getting dirty! Or wet too! It was easy to cut out and sew and I only needed to add some bias binding around the neck and add some ties at the back.

The second thing I made for him was a shepherd's tunic for his preschool Christmas concert (great to have this done nice and early!). The girls are always angels and the boys shepherds. Most boys just have a tea towel over their heads and that's fine. But I had made an angel costume for miss E so it seemed right that I make some effort to make mr A a costume too. Also it will be great to add some more "boyish" costumes to our dress up box.  The fabric was thrifted, crazy cheap like $0.50c or cheaper! It seemed to say shepherd to me. The pattern was easy and I think cutting out the pattern and fabric too longer than sewing it up! I bought the pattern last year when Spotlight was having a super sale. I thought it looked like lots of options for many costume making years to come. He tried it on and LOVED it, which is saying lots as he's a super fussy dresser. It just needs a "rope" type belt and a tea towel to finish the look.

2 comments :

  1. Hi Louana
    Can you tell me the pattern number please. Enjoying your crafty adventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, sorry I should have included that info! It's Simplicity 4797. Thanks for stopping by

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments, it makes my day! - I try and reply by email, so it's great if your email is connected to your account.