Wednesday, December 22, 2010

humid & wet

My little rain dance a few weeks ago must have worked as we have had quite a bit of rain over the last week or so. I haven't minded too much, until we had about 3 days straight rain and the humidity hitting very high percentages. We were house bound for most of the weekend and the top photo shows what the kids and I were up to. The lounge was taken over by huts, the dinning table was taken into the lounge along with chairs and any other hut building material they could lay their hands on. Good clean mess that was only packed away when we needed to eat dinner.

I've been making fruit leathers in my dehydrator over the last few weeks. They are disappearing as soon as they are made really, a great way to use up some bird pecked berries and some apples a bit past their best. Only problem is the because of the humidity it is taking a VERY long time to dry them out. I'm hoping for some dryer days ahead for more fruit leather making.



2 comments :

  1. everything looks so good at your place! i love fruit leather- i must look out for a dehydrator this summer. and that hut- what fun!
    happy christmas to you and your family. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. fruit leather! my mum used to make it but nobody I know has ever heard of it! My mum used to dry it in the sun under some eucalyptus trees, the blossoms and leaves would fall onto the leather so it would taste like gum trees! yum

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, it makes my day! - I try and reply by email, so it's great if your email is connected to your account.