Tuesday, October 1, 2013

a little show

I have been meaning to share with you this amazing little find from a local thrift store for quite some time. It was tucked away under a bunch of puzzles in an op shop that has seldom yielded any really good finds. But I keep looking there anyway, you just never know right? There was something about the edge of the box caught my eye. For the grand sum of $0.50c it came home with me.



It comes with five little figures and two sets of scenery, one printed on each side.


The edges of the cardboard are a little frayed, but I'm planing on slicing off the bottoms to even them up. I might paint the edges with some clear glue too, to add some strength.




So at the moment I'm chief scenery changer! But I've just challenged the kids to create their own scenery and put on a show for me. I've traced around the old background pieces for them,  it might save me from being a kill joy as I remind them I have to change it over. Did I buy it for them to play with? Probably not, ahem.


Have you had any good thrift finds lately? Pop over to Blackbird has Spoken to see what other "thrifty" people have found.

6 comments :

  1. Well, I think this is just fab. Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! cant believe the great condition of the wee men! It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what stella said! isn't it just divinely cute, what a super find. just goes to show you should never get complacent, even in the worst oppies!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, it makes my day! - I try and reply by email, so it's great if your email is connected to your account.