Wednesday, October 7, 2009

paper

These holidays seem to be all about rain, so many indoor activities have been completed over the last week and a bit. I decided a few days ago it was time to do some papier mache, it's something that I love to do, but haven't in such a long time. It's such a great feeling to have your fingers all covered in freshly made, still warm flour paste rolling all over the smooth newsprint. I was inspired by a project in handmade home my favourite book right now, to make paper bowls. Quickly I discovered that Miss E wasn't going to be interested in making a bowl, I stopped myself when I felt I was going to direct her making (which was hard for the perfectionist in me) and just let the creating take place. My bowl is the smooth one in the foreground (looking much like something from the book), hers in the background, a nest of sorts, so she tells me. Much fun was had and to me that's the most important part really, and the proud explanation to her dad when he got home.

2 comments :

  1. It's hard to let go when you have a direction in mind for the craft. I'm the same way. But you're right... as long as she is proud of her work, that's all that matters!

    http://minivanlife.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful mama to just her little one create. I have the same tendencies, and the same difficulties, but I think that it is great that you can just let go and let her create

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, it makes my day! - I try and reply by email, so it's great if your email is connected to your account.