Tuesday, September 18, 2012

on the line



Nothing beats the sight of embroidered linens flapping about in the sun and wind. I had some amazing luck at a local thrift store today, 3 large tablecloths and a selection of doileys too. The tablecloths should be perfect for notebook covers (once I work around some stains and holes) and I've got a few projects on the go for the doileys. One of the tablecloths is in such good condition - well perfect really that I can't use it for crafting, it will go into my "keeps" stash of linens that seems to be growing!

3 comments :

  1. Washing things like this really makes the task seem like less of a chore, huh? So beautiful to see them all out drying. I love pre-washing all the vintage fabric I find too, it's like having beautiful curtains in the yard : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a growing stash like that too! Beautiful finds (and sunshine!) :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Louana - what a find !!! Lucky you. I have recently covered a notebook in an old doiley too - such fun and looks great. Yes I love the vintage linens hanging on the line also. Brings a smile to my face. Happy crafting, Julie :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, it makes my day! - I try and reply by email, so it's great if your email is connected to your account.