Monday, July 25, 2011

holidays

Rainy holidays at home, can be fun with just some coloured rice I've discovered! Miss E and I coloured the rice by shaking it in a bottle until the rice absorbed all the colour - the fun and noisy part. Once we made a few batches of different coloured rice, we layered some (briefly) in a jar, if I had been quicker off the mark I probably would have set aside a jar to fill with the layers that we could have put on the windowsill. But the layers were quickly shaken up! We also made some pictures by "drawing" with glue and then sprinkling the rice over the glue. Lots of fun on a rainy day and with things you've probably got on hand, always a bonus.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, it makes my day! - I try and reply by email, so it's great if your email is connected to your account.