Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Quilted

This is my first attempt at making a quilt. I chose a super easy pattern that I saw in the little treasures magazine, they have the instructions online here. It was very quick to make, the instructions are for a cot sized quilt and I just added more rows both ways to make it big enough for a single bed. I used vintage sheeting and some vintage linen mixed with some new gingham. I bound the edges instead of leaving them ragged like the instructions said to give a neater and stronger finish. The batting I used was organic cotton, I was looking at some bamboo batting which was so soft but at double the price I decided the organic cotton was the go. I'm really pleased with the finish and I imagine I'll make some more of these as they are very quick to sew up.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, it makes my day! - I try and reply by email, so it's great if your email is connected to your account.